This is the best banana bread ever, and fairly easy to make.
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (you can use ½ whole wheat or rye if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of full-fat Greek yogurt (use plain or vanilla – vanilla will make your bread sweeter)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- Some cinnamon sugar (Plain sugar is an option)
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a standard loaf pan.
Put your bananas in a food processor or blender and blend until they are entirely puréed.
Next, separate your eggs. Reserve the whites.
Get a large bowl, and stir together the melted butter and sugar, along with the vanilla. Stir in the egg yolks.
Mix together in a smaller bowl the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir this gently into the sugar and butter mix.
Now fold in the puréed bananas; fold in the yogurt.
In yet another bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed to stiff peaks. Fold these very gently into the batter.
Pour into the greased loaf pan. Sprinkle the top heavily with cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 350 for about an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Eat with butter or plain, warm or cold. Also makes excellent PB & banana sandwiches.