Tonks' Sugar Cookies

These are the best sugar cookies. Ever. Swear to god. My favorite way to eat them is slathered in a cream cheese icing and topped with fresh mixed berries. So. Good. Sometimes I cut them very small and sort of dip them in the cream cheese because I'm lazy like that.

Grandmother's Christmas Sugar Cookie

1 1/2 C. sugar

1 C. melted shortening (I use regular Crisco)

4 eggs beaten 

2 tsp. vanilla

4 C. flour

2 tsp. cream of tartar

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

 

Mix all ingredients. Divide into three sections, wrap individual sections in wax paper and chill for an hour. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick. Put in pizza pan or cut for cookies. 

Bake at 375.

Cookies: 6-8 minutes 

Pizza: 15-minutes (this makes a fantastic crust for fruit pizza) 

I usually ice with cream cheese icing (1 brick of regular Philadelphia Cream Cheese mixed with a bag or so of powdered sugar).

 


Comments