(1) Heat the oven up to about 375.
(2) Oil up your muffin tin. Lots of real butter is what I advise. Lay that stuff on thick. You're going for 12 popovers, though you might not reach that many.
(3) One cup milk, two eggs. Beat them together in a medium bowl with a wire whisk.
(4) A cup of flour and some salt -- not too much salt. Beat this in with the whisk, but not too much. If you beat too much at this stage, the pops don't pop. Just enough to get the flour just mixed in and then quit. It's okay if some flour still looks lumpy.
(5) Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to fill your muffin tin cups about 1/3 to halfway full. If you don't have enough for all twelve don't get neurotic.
(6) Bake in the 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Do NOT open the door once you have put them in. DON'T DON'T DON'T. They don't pop if you peek. When they smell really good, they're done. Take them out. Sometimes they pop, sometimes they don't. They're really good either way.
BTW, these are the Vanity Cakes Ma made in On The Banks of Plum Creek, if you ever wondered.