Baked Pasta (Vegetarian)
1. Cook whatever kind of noodles you like to just "al dente." Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
2. Prepare 8 ounces (more or less) of lentils according to the package instructions. Drain. Set aside.
3. Prepare a tomato sauce. I usually saute fresh minced garlic and onion in some olive oil, add diced canned tomatoes, basil, oregano, and/or whatever you like in your sauce and let it simmer a while.
4. Treat a baking dish with non-stick spray. Layer noodles, lentils, tomato sauce, grated mozzarella, and parmesan cheese until you run out of ingredients or room in your baking dish. A cheese layer should end up on top.
5. Bake at 375 (or so) until the cheese is melted and bubbly and forming brown spots.